MLS American Elementary Division Goals
MLS American Elementary School is a learning community committed to offering and encouraging every child to achieve the academic, technological, social, physical, and emotional skills necessary to reach their greatest potential by providing a supportive environment that fosters students’ critical thinking, problem solving, creativity, and individuality.
To educate and develop students who will meet society’s future needs:
- Preparing students for the 21st century by providing opportunities to learn via modern technology;
- Developing strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Providing academic support in all areas including time management;
- Instilling the concept that education is a life-long process and that the skills of creative and critical thinking and problem solving are crucial to success;
- Providing an exposure to art, music and drama as well as an opportunity to participate in various sports and activities;
- Instilling a sense of integrity, responsibility, self-respect and respect for others, thus empowering the students to achieve their goals;
- Providing ongoing training for all staff members to ensure teaching quality and administrative efficiency; &
- Encouraging “community service” to instill a better understanding of privilege and a stronger awareness of the issues facing our world today.